Monday 18 May 2015

Maple Raisin Tart

Tart Recipes






















 I decided that with Mother's Day on the horizon I would surprise my mother with a treat, so I decided to try something that my mom would enjoy and that's something sweet. I personally am not much of a sweet/dessert eater but I know many out there can be and in moderation I guess it can be okay. I have not made many desserts in the past and can say that the first time I tried this I learned that you should keep the pie shell in the foil while it cooks. The second time though was a charm and I even enjoyed a piece myself with the family who gave me rave reviews. I made sure to search all over the net trying to find something that my mom would enjoy and I substituted some of the ingredients for healthier choices like raisins. The pie shell that I chose was flaky as I feel a pie should be, the messier the better and to top it off once your ready to serve, add a scoop of your favourite ice cream or whip cream. I think all the mothers out there would appreciate an effort from their kids and hope all you moms enjoyed your special day.

Inspired by Checkout 51

MORE SWEET TASTING RECIPES
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SWEET AND SPICY CHICKEN THIGHS
HEARTY TOMATO SOUP
SAVOURY SHRIMP FRIED RICE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maple Raisin Tart Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes  Cook Time: 55 minutes  Serves: 4

Ingredients
1 frozen pie shell crust (23 cm)
1 cup of maple syrup
1 cup of brown sugar
4 large eggs , lightly beaten
1 cup of raisins
2 tbsp of margarine, melted
4 scoops of ice cream
1 drop of vanilla extract

Directions
How to make a Pie
Preparing Maple Raisin Tart
1- Preheat oven to 350F
2- Combine maple syrup, sugar, eggs and margarine in large bowl, stir in raisins and add drop of vanilla.
3- Pour mixture into pie crust and place on baking sheet, bake for 55 minutes, cool for 2 hours.
4- Serve topped with a scoop of your favourite ice cream.
5- Enjoy !!!

No comments: